Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Artist Statement & Artwork Treatment

Artist Statement

In my artwork for this first assignment, 
I want to represent a girl who was actually walking alone with her handbag on the road. 
She died after her bag was grabbed by a motorcycle-riding snatcher. 

color pigment 
I choose white,black,blue,peach and chocolate.

Black and white is to represent the road.
Peach is to represent her body.
Chocolate is to represent the bag.
Red is for her background.
The reason why I choose red for the background is because for me, red symbolizes death and murder.

I want my viewers to feel despicable to this theft because it is so mean.
 This cases nowadays are too common in our country. The only thing that we can do is pray to God for our safety.  

Artwork Treatment

I used drawing block, water color, pencil color, pencil and marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment